Getting Inked?

Today's thought for the day is a little different than usual. It's just something that I've been thinking about. I'm not being as...deep today. Just thinkin'.
Most of my life, I have been against tattoos. At least, I was against putting them on my body, but since I've been old enough to get one, I've changed my mind. 
Sure, when I get old, my tattoos will be wrinkly, but so will my skin, and it's not going to look so great. So...whatever. I've made a rule for myself though. Every tattoo will have to be in a place that I can easily cover in in a short sleeved shirt. Also, I firmly believe that when you're naked, you should look naked. That means that I won't be getting any single tattoo bigger than my own hand. 
These are the tattoos I'm planning to get once I'm in AIT or once I get home.  
I feel like Pooh represents everything that is...innocence and love and friendship. I think I'd probably add a quote instead of his name at the bottom of the picture of him.
These are for my grandma, she loved butterflies and every time I see one, I think of her. 

"How can I go forward if I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon 
That would go around the compass.  

And I'm sure that there are more than I want...but for now, this is the plan. I don't love that compass...I want to try and find something that I like more, but for now, it fits the basic idea. 

I'm not sure where the sudden love for body art came from, but I've found that I really like it.  As long as it's tasteful and it means something to you, it's not bad to have it. In fact, it can be a big part of who you are. 

Hopefully, when I get my first tattoo, I'll be able to blog about it and it will be awesome.

What do you think about my tattoo plans? What do you think about tattoos in general? Yea or nay?   

[BTW don't forget about the giveaway! There's only a few more days left to enter to win a $50 gift card to DefineBliss!]

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

7 comments:

Mary @ This is How My Garden Grows said...

Oh I'm going through this same thing right now...to get a tattoo or not?? I also grew up not liking tattoos and thinking so not for me. But I recently drew something that means so much to me and I really want it. I've decided to keep it with me for the next year and if on my 30th birthday I still want it on my body than I'm going to get it. I tell myself over and over "tattoos are forever" I'll be watching and waiting to see what you decide!!

Mrs. Duh said...

I have several tattoos, and I've had one added to and one completely covered up. Over the years, I started to dislike a couple of my tattoos, mostly because they ideas weren't original and I didn't put a whole lot of thought into them. My best advice is to find something you really, really like. It doesn't always have to have serious meaning... it can just be something that you think is pretty or beautiful. But make sure you really like it! Second, find a really good artist, and don't just settle on the first one you see. If you see people with good-looking tattoos, ask them who their artist is. A referral is always a good thing!

And if you are thinking about getting a tattoo in Salt Lake City, I know a few really good tattoo artists!

Jen said...

Yay for tattoos! I have 6 and love every single one of them. Always search around before you settle on an artist, get referrals and make sure they are legit.

Missus Elle said...

I have a tattoo on my shoulder and always forget its there. I am glad I got one and had the experience. I have 3 flowers in different colors representing me and my sisters. I want to get another flower added on for Evelyn. I tried out Henna recently on my wrist and was glad it wasnt permenent. I hated seeing it all the time.
I am all for Tattoos my husband has 3, one of which is horrible, definitly dont get a barracks tattoo.
Stare at the image you want for a few days, have it in your mirror and see how long you like it or if it starts to annoy you. If if annoys you then you probbaly dont want it in your face all the time lol.

____j said...

I only have one tattoo, but my head is full of ideas for future ones. Definitely meet the person you think you want to do it ahead of time & look at their portfolio.

x said...

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for a couple of years now -- just haven't completely decided where I want to put it yet. I love the compass idea/quote. Super neat!

Janna Renee said...

I want to get some new tattoos too!! When the hubs comes home we are definitely getting some tattoos!

 
Pin It button on image hover