Weekend Warrior

This weekend, I have my first drill as a real live Soldier. The kind that is trained in my warrior tasks and drills. Like for reals, I actually get to do my job. And I am so excited about it!.

I cannot wait to put my uniform on and feel like a soldier again. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be home, and I truly enjoy spending time with my family, but I have a strange sense of...homesickness for that lifestyle.
 
I miss the sense of comradery. Knowing that someone would have my back no matter how difficult it was to do so.
:-)

I miss being forced to keep my room clean.

When I get to this point, this is how I look, too.

I miss waking up early!
Wake Up and Kick Ass Meme | Slapcaption.com
 
 And  I appreciated my weekends so much more after a hard week at work.
  I had fun things to do every weekend. My days were completely filled with company I enjoyed and excitement nearly all the time.
 
I suppose I can only hope that college is as much fun as living on Fort Leonard Wood.
 
I never thought I'd hear my self put "fun" and "Fort Leonard Wood" in the same sentace...What is wrong with me? 
 
I am too excited for my college experience to begin so I can start over with all this fun stuff all over agian.
And!
In the spirit of the weekend, I'm linking up with Whitney again!
 
Let's get this party started!
Although I might not have the most exciting of plans this weekend, I'll make it work :)


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love your attitude, makes me smile!

Semper Wifey said...

Good luck!!! And thank you for posting those hilarious pictures! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover