Spread The Love

As many of you know, this month is dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness.

In fact, I think nearly everyone knows that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There are 5k Walk/Runs, everywhere you turn someone is selling pink products that eventually contribute to breast cancer research. Everyone knows about it and most people will add a dollar or two onto their purchase at the Target to donate to the awareness cause. 

Well, today, I want to tell you about a type of cancer that doesn't get so much publicity.  

Mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma is a cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. It's use is not banned in the United States and it is the number one cause of occupational cancer.

Nearly 3,000 People are Diagnosed with mesothelioma every year.

On average, they are given 10 months to live upon diagnosis.

I don't know about you but I don't really like those number.

My grandmother was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer when I was in high school, and it was the most awful feeling knowing that the day she would leave this earth was upon us. Pancreatic cancer is amonth the most deadly of cancer

You can read more about Mesothelioma awareness and have your questions answered here.

I highly recommend that you visit the website and consider raising awareness yourself!

 


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover