My dangerous new toy

When my grandma (basically my favorite person in the universe. I can't believe I haven't really mentioned her in this thing!) died, she left a few sewing machines behind that were given to my mom do with what she pleased. My mom, being the psychic that she is, knew that I'd eventually want to be a wonderful seamstress/quilter/all around awesome sewer so she kept this beauty safe for me until I discovered exactly how much I loved sewing.

That's my very own!

And of course, along with a sewing machine, you need several other little materials. We uncovered me a magnetic pin-cushion, and an old miniature ironing board that was my great-grandma's.  
Looks pretty old, doesn't it?
So of course, I promptly took a page out of my mothers proverbial book and Christmas wrapped the board with fabric and pinned it up so it would stay put.
And ended up with that awesome finished product to iron my little heart out.

After doing some practicing and trying to decide what the heck I'm going to make, I started into making a little bow. It was a little bit of a disaster...
Don't worry, the second one turned out great! I don't know what I'll do with it, but I'm sew (hehe just being a little punny) excited to start sewing up everything made of fabric that I can find...And I just might be up all night trying new things and becoming a professional sewer before my very own eyes....

P.S-- I'm considering starting another blog or doing a weely post or something in which I try a new little DIY/sewing project every day for however long I have ideas for. Yea or Nay? 

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover