Nervous

I'm starting to feel very nervous about this whole Army thing.

I've been doing my very best not to get my hopes up and get excited, but it's difficult.  It's not exactly what I wanted in the first place, but it definitely seems like a good choice. On top of that, J is supportive of it. He would support me in any decision I made, but he has definitely let me know time and time again that he's rather I didn't join the Marines. He continually tells me that I'll hate it and it's not as glorious as I think it is. The more he says it, the more discouraged I get and the less passionate I feel about the Marines...

Of course, J would never tell me that I couldn't join the Marines. We don't tell each other what to do. But he is looking out for my best interest and he doesn't think it's a good decision for me to make...again.

With the Army though, things are completely different. In fact, you could almost say that it was his idea. We were laying  in bed one day at the hotel in 29 Palms when an Army Recruiting commercial came on. He looked at me and said "Why don't you do that?" I looked at him confusued.
"Do what...?"
"join the Army!"
And it's not like it hadn't crossed my mind but I just figured they wouldn't want me either.

When I got home from 29 Palms, I went to the recruiting station and I talked to recruiters and they told me that I could serve in the Army Reserve, go to school, do ROTC, and graduated with a Degree and as a Commissioned officerYou get paid as a reservist, you can have another job and your schooling gets paid for...Okay, how is that a bad idea?

The best part is, that J is completely supportive of it and it will make our life together a whole lot easier than if I went active duty Marines or did something beside what I've decided on (that is if it all works out...)

So wish me luck. I will find out in the next couple of days here. When I know...my 10 followers will the the second to know. (gotta tell J first!)

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover