Settled Dust

**Please excuse this blog-of-many-colors thing I've got going on. I'm trying to redesign and appartenly, I'm not as tech-savvy as I thought. So I appreciate you sticking around and continuing to read even though things are totally crazy! I'm most likely getting a brand new professionally designed layout that will put an end to the mess. So stay tuned!**

Now that the dust has settled a little bit and I don't feel like I'm walking blindfolded throught the Forrbiden Forest without my wand...(yeah, I did just reference Harry Potter...) I feel like I can breathe. I can breathe and I can blog. It has been so hard to say what is on my mind because there have been just about 58 things on my mind and I couldn't organize the thoughts in my head let alone on a "piece of paper" (or rather I guess a piece of internet.)
So now, I feel like I can disclose what is up with everything.

Right now, I've got a whole list.

Now that I am in the Army Reserve, I have to get serious about working on my fitness. I'm not ridiculously out of shape, but you can always get better and I definitely need to get better!  I'm excited to start a new fitness plan and work my butt off every day to become the kind of soldier that I want to be.

Also, J and I working on getting married. You would think that it wouldn't be all the difficult to just up and get married. Well it is. I'm coming to find out that the military is against marriage. Okay, they aren't against marriage, but they sure like to make it difficult. Luckily, I have this new thing that helps me cope: Patience. Some might debate that I have no patience at all, but they aren't me and don't have to live in exactly this life that I am living, so to me, I'm being very patient. And I won't let anyone tell me different.

On top of this, I realllllly need a new vehicle. I'm pulling 9 extra hours for the next 3ish weeks and I'll also be getting paid by the Army to go up to my unit each month and work. Hopefully, that means that a "new" car is just around the corner. Wouldn't that be nice?

On top of that I kinda want a new job...I'm not making any changes just yet, but I just feel like after I've been here for a year or maybe a little bit longer, I'm going to have a lot more oppertunities available to me. I'll have to quit this job to go to basic anyway, so maybe instead of coming right back, I'll look for something new. I'm trying really hard to keep my mind and my options as open as possible.

I say it all the time, but it is so amazing to me how quickly things change. I just hope that this is all for the better.

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover