Soft Landings

I don't know when I got so domestic (let's blame it on Pinterest!) but all I ever want to do is cook, clean ( I used to HATE cleaning with a burning passion...especially dishes. Now I love doing dishes.) sew, and craft. What the heck?

If I had to decided exactly where this new-found love for DIY, cleaning/organizing, sewing, and saving love really came from, I think it's more of an indicator that I am making a transition into true adulthood. Sure, I was technically an adult at 18. At that age you can get jobs you couldn't get before, buy dry ice, go to the county jail instead of DT, vote, and join the military. But as I prepare to do things like live on my own, join the Army (if that works out...), get married (eventually!), and live a life independent of my parents, I'm very concerned with making things work out well for me.

And Pinterest just feeds the obsession...It makes it all so accessible. Why would I ever want to buy a dress again if I can make one that is less expensive and custom made for my body? Why do you eat out when you can find a million things that taste better than Cafe Rio? How do you justify shopping anywhere but thrift stores when you know that Pinterest, in conjunction with the blogworld, will help you create exactly what you need? 

It makes me feel confident, that when I'm living on my own and I have a family, we can live a life in which we take control of the things that we can control, and we let the rest of the pieces settle into place wherever they fit. Sure, you can't plan for what is around the corner, but you can try to make yourself a soft landing incase it's going to be a pit-fall...

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover