Wonderful World of Working

When I was in high school, I was dreaming up all the possibilities my future held.  Your teachers and your counselors put so much pressure on everyone that the time to decided your fate is high school English class. They hand out your credit trackers, give you a list of scholarships to apply for and say, "Welp, girls and boys, this is your future. Figure it out."

While sitting there in my 7th period English class, I decided that I was going to go to Utah State University, study education or literature, something like that. Be a teacher in a middle school and make a difference.  My how things have changed...

When I graduated way back in 2011 (Okay, so it wasn't that long ago, but it feels like it's been forever...) I never ever would have guess that I would be sitting in a desk at a call center blogging while watching hulu, awaiting a my boot camp date to roll around.

This job (in case you're new around here, I'm a relay operater for the hard of hearing.  I just got promoted to a Mentor in the training department.) is the first job that I have ever had.  While I was in school, I was too busy dancing and taking AP classes...I didn't have time to work. I got this job about a month after I broke my arm. I had rehabilitated just enough to type after several painful weeks of physical therapy and I needed something to keep my mind off missing J.

I didn't expect to be here long enough to move up. I planned to move on to bigger and better things that did not include this call center. But now, here I am two jobs deep (This one and the whole Army career thing I've got coming) and doing a whole lot of things that I just never expected to be doing...Today I was invited to interview for yet another promotion!

I have to prepare a 10 minute presentation about hard-of-hearing. I don't know who I'm presenting to, but I'm pretty dang nervous...The best part? I'm doing it tomorrow. I get one day's notice! Ha, awesome right...Well, guess I get to go shopping for yet another new outfit to interview and present it... Why do I have to be such a ray of sunshine that everyone wants to be the future of their company?!

I could say a whole lot more about the crazy twists and turns of this camo-colored chaos, but I've probably already lost you. Well, wish me luck!

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover