Be The Good


Every Thursday, I go back to my blogging roots and I talk about a specific topic that typically goes a little bit deeper than most of my posts. They are usually things that I have been thinking a whole lot about.

This week, I've had a lot on my mind. but what's new, right? I've always got a lot going on in my head...

Yesterday was my grandma's birthday. We all went out to dinner and we talked about all of the things that we loved about her. We laughed at all the funny stories and we cried a little bit too. It got me thnking about how much of an impact we can have on others without even realizing it.

My grandma, as I have talked about before, was a really amazing person. She always taught us to put our best foot forward no matter what. She was ambitious, loved her family, and had a heart so big that she did some of the kindest things for strangers that I have ever seen a person do.

But how wonderful she was is almost beside the point. What I'm getting at is that as we live our day to day lives, everything we do can affect another person. If she hadn't been the strong role model that she was, I probably wouldn't be as strong a person as I am today. I try and use that to my advantage. I work hard to be the best person I can be. Because maybe, just maybe,  the things that I do and the way that I treat others will rub off on them.You just never know.

I fully believe that what goes around comes around. I think that the best thing you can do is pretend that every person you encounter is going to be heavily impacted by the way that you treat them. You never know what a difference you could make in their life.

Pay it forward and be the the good that you want to see in others. Maybe you will see it eventually.

Happy birthday Grandma, I am so greatful for all of the things that you taught me. I cannot wait to pass them on to my children and their children after that. Because of you, I can be the good...

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Ahh this made me cry. Your grandma sounds like she was such an incredible woman.

Kim said...

This was so sweet. It made me think of my Aunts. Thanks for sharing!

 
Pin It button on image hover