My Shameless Admittance of Being A Daddy's Girl

This is my daddy. 

Today, he is a year older. 
I figured that today would be the best day to talk about how thankful I am for that guy who helped raise me.  My daddy and I are quite a lot alike.  We have the same type of temperament, we think the same way, and apparently, we even rest the same way. 


I am truly so thankful for my dad. He has made me...adventurous and unafraid of new things. 

When I was a little girl in pre-school and kindergarten, my daddy would pick me up from school or the baby sitter's house and take me to work with him. At the time, his leather shop was at a barn where he boarded horses. There was a big arena, and large pastures where the horses were. It was basically a little kid's dream playland. There was a tire swing, a creek at the bottom of the hill, huge stacks of hay bales to play on. It was fantastic.  I would go there, and I would play.  I would be gone for hours.  What was I doing? Playing in the dirt, splashing in a puddle. running up and down the hills...And it was amazing.  When I was with my dad, I basically did whatever I wanted. 

It made me independent. I don't think that I completely learned how to take care of my self when I was 4 or 5, but I did find out that I didn't always need help. I think I became a big girl. I discovered that a piece of bailing twine could be fun. That dirt and rocks and water could make me the happiest lil' lady in the world. 

When I was little, that meant that I was very easily entertained, but now, it means that I can always survive. And I am so thankful for that. 

Happy birthday daddy. I love you and I am so thankful for you and everything you have taught me.  I don't know what I would have done with out you!  I will always be your lil' girl.


Please welcome my very first sponsor: Nay's Custom Leather!  


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet post for you Dad! I hope he has an amazing birthday. :)

Kim said...

Love this post! I'm definitely a Daddy's girl too. ;)

Janna Renee said...

Happy Birthday to your daddy!! Can you send me an email with your address hun? jannabogert@yahoo.com

 
Pin It button on image hover