The Way I Am



Lately, I've been doing my best to avoid making big and concrete plans. I don't know exactly where I'm going to be after I get home from AIT and I don't know that I'll want the same things that I want now.

But today, I am so thankful that I have options.
I'm thankful for ambitions and my sense of adventure, and I so beyond thankful for my ability to adapt to any given circumstance. I am so very thankful for the way that I am. That's a bit of a blanket statement, but you get the idea.

Although I am not quite where I want to be, I have the ability to try and get there and I am so thankful for that. 

Right now, I've got the makings of a plan. And I am really hoping that it will work out. What are my plans? I might as well tell you. I don't believe it jinxing it. 

Okay...so Grey's Anatomy is not my plan. But Seattle? Seattle is my plan. The University of Washington is my plan, to be more specific.

I am also applying to a few other schools. 


The biggest draw back to going out of state, is that it's going to be expensive. I'm hoping to figure out a way to get residency and I'm praying that the school is military friendly so I can hopefully afford to go there, should I get in. 

This dream to go to college is a fairly new one. The only reason that I wanted to go to college in high school, was because I felt like it was the next step, well now, I am actually feeling a desire for higher education. And I want to do it in a way that no one in my family has done before. I want to move away from home and learn in a new environment. So Washington is my first choice. But maybe I'll end up somewhere else. I guess we shall see. 

Maybe.
If I figure out how to pay for it. 

*I am also thankful for grants!!!*

So, by December 1st I will be applied to several schools.  Sadly, I won't find out if I got in to anywhere before I leave. Oh well. I guess sometimes you gotta roll with the punches...

If any of you awesome military spouses out there know a thing or two about how to make school affordable with military benefits, I would really appreciate it!

Don't forget to show some love to my awesome sponsor: Nay's Custom Leather. It's getting close to Christmas time and I know that you're husbands will like some of the products that he has to offer!

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

4 comments:

Jen said...

New adventures are so exciting!! Everything will work out and I hope that Seattle happens for you. :) As far as making school affordable with military benefits just talk to you advisor when you get accepted to a school. Find out if they have any programs for military and you will be surprised what kind of grants/scholarships are out there for military.

Steph said...

Seattle is someplace I've always wanted to go. Sounds like a great choice!

Allison said...

University of Washington is a great school. Beautiful campus, prestigious programs, and Seattle is awesome... but I might be a little biased since I grew up in that area. Make sure you check out what GI benefits you qualify for... they've helped us out some while my husband is in law school. You can also check into ROTC if you're interested in that.

Kim said...

I hope you get into the school of your choice! I've always wanted to go to Washington! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover