It Is What It Is

Merry Christmas Eve, everybody!

As many of you know, last Christmas, I got engaged. For that reason, this Christmas has been a little bit difficult. I've been doing my best to keep my head up and not think about the "good" memories as bad ones, but it's tough.

The holiday season is supposed to be one where you appreciate what you have you show love for all the people around you with gifts. So, I'm toughening up and doing my best to not be selfish. I'm working hard at taking Christmas at face-value instead of all the crap I'm reading into it.

I'm really excited about some of the gifts I got for my family. I can't show them off now because many of those family members read my blog and I want it to be a surprise, but after Christmas, I will definitely post the cool things I picked out for everyone.

I am feeling a lot better now though. I believe it's because of someone I went out with. He's a completely new someone and if you follow me on Twitter, you probably saw that it went well. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with someone. Now, I don't know that it will turn into anything beyond friendship, but it was so worth it.

It has made me feel so much better. I don't know why exactly, but I just feel like I'm...fixed. Like I was broken, and now I am fixed. It's helping me to put on a happy face this crappy Christmas season, and I most definitely needed help. So, whatever it was, will be, or won't be, it was worth it and that's all that matter, right?

So, that's all I've got for you today.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.  May it be the best you've ever had.


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Missus Elle said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope this Christmas is much better then last!

ty said...

You had me at broken engagement. As a fellow survivor of a not-wedding, I completely understand. It's been a while for me now, and it's gotten so much better. Even after being in a different, wonderful relationship for a year and a half now, there are still things that make me a little sad.

But hey, there is strength in numbers of people who have been through similar crap. We'll just call ours The Fellowship of the Ring :)

 
Pin It button on image hover