Dream Big

When you have have the chance to sit around and do a lot of thinking, your mind tends to wander into a whole lot of things.


Sometimes, they are good things, sometimes they're great, things, and sometimes your mind goes places that you really wish that it wouldn't.

Lately, I've been lucky enough to only be thinking the good types of things and I've come to a conclusion.

not that I ever draw any conclusions from all the trivial things that make up this life...
I ran my final Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) on Saturday. I did really well on it. In fact, I did better than I ever expected to. I did 43 push-ups, 72 sit-ups, and I ran two miles in 14 minutes 31 seconds.


I don't think I ever would have been able to do that well if I hadn't been shooting for a 300. 

I had the goal in basic training of getting promoted by the time it was all said and done, my mom was pinning my new rank on my chest. 

Getting into the military at all was reaching for the damn stars...and it happened. I made it. I made it all the way through basic and now almost all the way through AIT without a single true issue. 

I dreamed big. I set the bar high for myself. I pushed myself to get what I wanted. I made it happen.  And these are just some small concrete examples...but there are so many other I could come up with.

And I intend to keep at it. I'm going to make sure that my dreams stay big and my worries stay small (yup, I just quoted Rascal Flatts) And I think that you should do the same.  Aiming high and dreaming big has really paid off for me, and I think that it will for anyone who gives it a shot... :)




I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are doing so many amazing things! :) The determination you have it inspiring and I know you are going to continue to have success.

Kim said...

Congrats on everything you have accomplished! So happy for you! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover