On This Day In History

 
On this day in history, something pretty damn big happened.
 
If you can't tell from the photograph, it was the March On Washington where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his speech known today as "I Have A Dream". A huge event in the civil rights movement.
 
I won't exhaust the topic or give some big analytical something or other all about it, but I would encourage you to watch the speech here and take a look at how far we have come.
 
I hope that people actually take the time to click the little Google homepage and reflect on that gigantically important moment in history that was the March On Washington. 
 
I think it doesn't really matter if you're black or white, liberal or conservative, you can take something away from what he has to say.
 
"I have a dream that one day, this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. we hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal"
 

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover