That Time I Ate on Katie Ave. at a Terrifying McDonald's

Friday was...not a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

First of all, I had all these plans to go out and find a library and read all day, but then I realized that it was Nevada Day and the libraries were closed. Because of that, I changed my plans. I decided to go to the book store instead. After doing some mapping with Siri, I found where the Barnes & Nobel was and I set out for my car. 

When I got to it, this is what I discovered.

Flat.

I figured I'd just have to change the tire, but before I started jacking anything up, I did what any girl 400 miles away from home does. I called my daddy. By the end of the day, I had probably called my dad about five times...I'd never had to do anything dealing with my car all alone.

While I was on the phone with him, I sent him a picture of the tire and we deduced that I could drive it around the corner to put some air in it. I was scared out of my mind but I did what I had to do and put some air in the tire then I got to go take a little trip to Discount Tires. 

There I ended up having to wait for 45 minutes, so I went to the McDonalds down the street. Bad idea. 

The manager was yelling at all the employees and freaking out. Then these two guys started to fight.  Luckily it was just verbal, but it looked like it was going to break out into a fist fight any second...These are the little things that remind me that I no longer live in happy valley. 

On the bright side, the McDonald's is located at the corner of Maryland Parkway and...wait for it...Katie Avenue!  I have been meaning to take picture of my street forever but I didn't have an opportunity until Friday!

So anyway...finished up at Discount pretty quick after my terrifying trip to Mickey D's. I got away with only buying one tire...but I probably need to replace the other three ASAP. Yay for being an adult...But finally, I could head to Barnes & Noble. In case you're wondering, it is really far away from where I live...I took the scenic route through downtown Las Vegas and it took forever but it was actually pretty worth it. Driving around down there is not so bad. It's fun to see all the wedding chapels. Plus, the Pawn Stars place is on Las Vegas BLVD. I saw the main dude driving some old car out of the parking lot!

On the way to the book store I got lost took a little detour.  I decided to just stop at a Walmart that wasn't scary as shit and buy the random stuff I have been putting off buying. I walked out with toilet paper, air fresheners for my car, three pomegranates, and a key chain to prevent accidents.
Besides, it's really cute. 


But eventually, I made it to the book store...I was there forever...I wander the aisles for maybe two hours looking at all the random bargain books I didn't have any use for and the novels that I simply had to read...basically, if a place has got shelves filled with books and it smells like paper and coffee, I can be occupied for hours. 
I got myself to buy some books on that list from Pinterest even though I really don't have the money to do that...I wanted em and the day had been crappy.

But today hasn't been so bad. I went to work, did some reading, watched Grey's anatomy (again) and now, I'm heading out to have some dinner with my friend from AIT and I'm so excited! I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. 

Oh, and don't forget about the giveaway on Monday! It's going to be awesome!


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's so funny reading this post because I can pin point exactly where you are in each of these scenarios. I have been to that McDonalds and it is scary as hell!

Ashley said...

I could spend hours in the bookstore too! I love looking at the bargain books section.

 
Pin It button on image hover