The Trouble With Boys

Right now, I'm in a tough spot.

I really need to try and set a wedding date. Neither of us want to wait until after this year to get married, but for some reason, I can't get J to say a single thing about when he wants to get married. Before, when we didn't even know where he would be stationed, he had all kinds of input, and now, I feel like I'm badgering him if I ask any questions about when he wants to get married. I know that he cares and he wants to talk about it, but it's as if I never catch him at the right time...When he's thinking about it, he doesn't tell me what's going on. It's so frustrating.

The other issue here is not just him, but becasuse I'm marrying the Marine Corps, I have to deal with the possibility that he can't set a date. I want to just try. Maybe send out a save the month even...I just don't want to cut it too close to where our guests are annoyed that they didn't have enough notice. Espeically our out of town guests. And I'm sure that we will have a few of those. It's so troubling.

On top of all this, there's the distance. Being away from him is so hard. I think I said this another time but we have been apart now for around 100 days. And we have been together for less than half of our relationship and it's starting to take a toll on me.  It's not that I don't trust him, becuase I do. I 100% know that he loves me and would never cheat on me. But it's hard to not be able to talk through the rough spots in person...It's makes all those normal fights that coupls have about 10 times harder than they have to be.

I know that this is only the beginning, and it's what I signed up for, but goodenss gracious, why does it have to suck so bad?

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover