My Best Friend

Okay, basically, I feel like I have been trying to write this post forever and it has only been yesterday and today.

I started yesterday, but then I got busy. Then this morning, I couldn't think of how to put things. But now that I have worked from 4:00am-6:30am, taken a trip to wal-mart, eaten a bunch of food that is definitely not appropriate for breakfast, and taken a nap while watching a movie on the couch in the break room, I am refreshed and ready to start not only my regular 7hr. shift, but this post I have been trying to conquer for what seems like a million days...


July is a pretty big month for J and I. As of July 1st, we have known each other for 1 year. The 4th of July is the anniversary of our very first date and July 12th, we have been together for 1 year (I say it still counts even though we aren't technically together right now, we might as well be.) 
So I figured that maybe I should tell you about him! Most of what I've said about him is just whining. So maybe I should tell you how great he is too huh?

Basically, J is your average guy. He like to hunt, fish, and shoot guns. He likes to learn new songs to play on the guitar and sing (except he won't sing loud enough for anyone to hear him even though he's actually really good.) He has more cammo gear than I have ever seen in my life and the coolest toys to play "Army Guys" ever. He's not the biggest fan of video games, but he'll play them when he's bored or if he feels like it. He has a big family that has definitely rasied him right.
He always opens my door for me whenever we go through one or get in or out of the car (actually it was kind of hard to get used to just sitting in the car and waiting for him to come around and open the door for me.) I've never had to pay for a meal (except for his when I've got my mom's card and it's like, whoo not our money! Or there's some special reason I want to pay) Every moment we have spent together has been...amazing.  I don't know how I could have found someone better to love. I probably could have found someone less complicated that wasn't a Marine, but I don't want them.

So there you have it. That's J in a very small nutshell. There's a lot more to him that just a couple paragraphs, but that's what you get. ;)


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover