A Bear of Small Brain


I now deem every Thursday  "thoughtful thursday" You can count on a reflective post like this one each thursday. Let me know If you'd like to join me in reflection!


I have an obsession with Winnie The Pooh.
I haven't always had this obsession but over the past few months, I have really learned to love the words of A.A. Milne.  Everything he has to say is so clever and sweet. Right now, it's hard to handle because most of the stuff makes me thing of J...But that's not really the point of today's post.

Winnie The Pooh is the point.

Pooh Bear is not smart.
In fact, the only thing Pooh really thinks about is honey and his best friends
When he thinks of other things he gets confused.
Christopher Robin says things to him like "Silly ol' bear..." Because that what he is.

You're probably very confused and you're like, why is she talking about a children's book...?

Pooh Bear, or I guess A.A. Milne, has so many wise things to say about life. I think as a little kid I didn't get why it was so funny or clever, or relatable. I was just seeing a cute little bear who loves honey and always gets into some type of mischief.

But now that I have learned a little bit more about life I see the things he says a little bit differently.  For a while now, I've been comparing my relationship to those in the stories.
My favorite thing about the adventures of Pooh Bear is the constantly present theme of friendship and love for another person (or piggy, rabbit, kangaroo, owl, or a Tigger).
And I've decided that until I find someone (else) that is the Piglet to Pooh Bear I will just have to keep looking.  I want a friendship as strong and everlasting as theirs.  I sure hope that there is someone (else) out there that makes me feel that way
Do you have a favorite childhood story?  Do you ever look back on it and take the lessons that it taught you and apply them to your life? Maybe you should give it a try. It was worth it for me. 

Here are some of my favorite lines:
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

“I used to believe in forever, but forever is too good to be true.”

“"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

“I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.”

You can find more A.A. Milne Winnie the Pooh quotes here


I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

Janna Renee said...

Aww I love Winnie The Pooh!!

 
Pin It button on image hover