So, here's my 11 People that I'm nominating for this award:
1.Amelia @ Hastings In Hawaii
2. Liz @ Liz's Diary
3. Katie @ Katers Potaters
4. Jamie @ This is Me; consequently
5. Sarah @ A Buckeye in Badgerland
6. Michelle @ You Had Me From Hello
7. Chelsea @ Diamond, Dog Tags & Diapers
8. Taryn @ From Here to There
9. Bri @ Tiny Texan
10. Mary @ This is How My Garden Grows
11.and I have to cheat because I don't follow another blog that meets these requirements
1) I am addicted to Coke(a cola). I've tried to quit drinking it more times than I can count and I just can't do it. I love it way too much.
2) The Beatles are my all time favorite band. They haven't always been, but sometime around when I was in middle school, I just fell in love with them and started listening to them all the time. At one point, I had 300+ Beatles songs on my iPod.
3) I don't have any tattoos but I've been planning some since I was about 10. I'm too scared to actually go through with it...I'm hoping I'll grow the confidence to do it after AIT.
4) I only have one fear: Falling short and failing when someone is counting on me to succeed.
5) I refuse to say "Happy Birthday" to someone on Facebook if I didn't already know it was their birthday. Except sometimes if I only forgot. Then I will, but I won't just see that it's someone's birthday and tell them.
6) I like change. When it doesn't feel like it's change for the better it can be hard, but for the most part, I'm really good at accepting new things and adapting my life around that change. It's unfortunate that that doesn't always work in my favor...
7) I hate to shop. I enjoy it when I've got a purpose and a set amount of money to spend, but I hate to just go and wander around the stores and look at stuff that I won't/can't purchase. So freaking dumb. It's probably one of the reasons I didn't get along with a bunch of girls in high school.
8) I think of myself as a bit of a loner. It may not seem like that to people who are only acquaintances but I feel like most of the time, I'm on the outside looking it.
9) I hate to not be the best. This is a new thing for me. I used to be okay with doing my best. And now, I want to be the fastest, the smartest, the strongest...everything I can possibly be good at, I want to be the best.
10) I am sooo cheap. I will do anything to save a buck. But I'll eat out pretty much every day. Food is the biggest exception to my cheapness.
11) I am so in love with blogging. I have always liked it, but I've never gotten so much satisfaction out of it like I have been with this particular blog. It's amazing and I love it.
2) What is the one thing you are most passionate about?
I have a passion for many things, but I would have to say that I'm most passionate about all things artistic (i.e crafts, paintings, sculptures, music, quilting...etc.) I appreciate all the things that I don't have the talent for and I pursue the things that I do. I love it all and I think that it has really enriched my life to have so much art in it.
3) What is your favorite book of all time?
This is a very tough question. I haven't been reading much lately, but I have read more books in the past 8 years than most people do in a life time...If I have to pick one I'd probably say The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. That might be silly because it's a book for teenagers, but when I read it, it changed my entire outlook on life. It took me about 9 hours to get through 300+ pages and I've read it cover to cover maybe 10 times. It's amazing and although it's tied with about 12 other books, in probably top 5ish.
4) What is the scariest thing to ever have happened to you?
My mountain bike crash was probably the scariest thing ever. I don't really remember it and that's what makes it scary. All I remember is flying through the air and waking up in the dirt very confused and in more pain that I could possibly comprehend. I looked down and saw my arm about 3x the size of a normal arm..You can read more about that HERE
5) Do you know how to use a gun/would you carry one? Why/why not?
I do know how to use a gun. I would definitely carry one, but alas, I am not of concealed-carrying-age...I believe that as someone who is able to shoot a gun well (I use that loosely...but I'm going to be an excellent shot one day, I swear it.) It's basically my civic duty to carry a gun. I would never dream of using it for anything but protecting my life and the lives of others when threatened. It's a right that I intend to exercise when it's legal for me to.
6) What is the best advice (in few words) that you can give to younger people?
Well, I'm a fairly young person my self at the ripe old age of 19, but if I was giving advice to someone in high school, my best advice would be "Have a back-up plan" and "It the grass is not greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it."
7) When did you really know yourself?
To be honest, I don't think that I do. I'm still kinda figuring that out.
8) Do you think body builders are attractive?
Heck no! I think that muscles are attractive. but when your muscles have muscles and their muscles have children, there's a problem.
9) Worst injury so far?
The arm... (see question #4)
10) If you could go back and live at any time period, which one would you pick and why?
This question is really hard too! There's so many time periods I would want to live in. I would want to have lived through the British invasion (I'm in loove with the Beatles.) But I also would want to go back to John Boy Waltons time and live through the 20s and 30s...I guess I wish that I was born in 1919 .
11) What is your greatest talent?
I'm a pretty good mandolin player. I took 2nd in the state mandolin competition and I'm pretty darn good at it. It's probably my most developed talent that I like to share with others.