One Day You'll Wake up...

It's amazing how much things change.

 A year ago, Wednesday, last September 19th, I was laying in my bed, crying my eyes out because I wouldn't get to see the love of my life until who knew when...At that point, I had already written him a letter and was ready to send it off. I was missing him before he had even left the state.

I was looking forward to my chance to go to boot camp. I was excited for everything that was going to come and I could not have been happier

Now, here I am a full year later and I'm more miserable than ever. I'm working in a place where there's plenty of room for advancement.  I look better than ever, I'm running faster than ever, and I'm stronger that I would have ever thought was possible. I am back in the military against all odds, and I have a very bright future ahead.

Why on earth can't I just be grateful for it?!  There are so many good things in my life right now. What is it that makes me think that one person being in it or not makes it or breaks it...? It shouldn't. And, really, it doesn't.  But I'll tell you, today, I feel like this:

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is just the season, as in, the season of your life. Regardless of the good things you have, you have to go through these emotions. It will get better. The title of this post is SO true. One day he will wake up, but so will you- in a good way.

 
Pin It button on image hover