How's Your Heart?

My friend that I met in basic knows basically everything there is to know about me that is important.  Even better, she knows what questions to ask. The one that means the most to me is, "how's your heart?"

Well, I want to tell you how my heart is...If you've been following me since I first began blogging, you know I've got this whole tragic unloved story in which I got left high and dry after making a huge life decision based on another person. It caused the walls of my perfect little world to crash around me and forced me to change my plans, my life, and my attitude. 

Sometimes, the sadness comes creeping into my heart and I can feel all the bad stuff trying to put a damper on the good, but who doesn't have those days every now and then? Lately, I've been doing my best to keep my head up and drive on. Honestly, it has been a lot easier than I anticipated. It's not that I forgot about the bad parts. How do you forget about your broken heart? You don't. But I've learned over  time, that the best way to be happy, is to be happy. So how's my heart? My heart is well. It feels better and better every day, and I think it's just going to keep on getting better, even when that bad stuff happens...at least I really hope so. 

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

2 comments:

Seth A said...

I don't post often(read: ever), but I've enjoyed a lot of seeing you grow up. Being able to detach yourself from the pains of the past and keep a strong and positive outlook on life is great, and I hope you're always able to keep such a mature perspective. Heavy stuff aside, you have my well wishes; keep being awesome.

erika said...

Such an awesome, important question.

 
Pin It button on image hover