An 800 Mile Weekend

 I accomplished a lot of big things this past weekend. On Thursday, I drove home to Salt Lake. That's about 400 miles from my dorm in Las Vegas.

I went and played warrior for a few days. I qualified on the rifle range, got a new team leader, learned a few new things about how to be a good soldier, ate some tasty MREs, shot in the pouring rain...Let me tell ya, it was a pretty eventful weekend. 
As you can see, I didn't do an amazing job on that qualifying thing...but! I qualified and that is what matters. It doesn't help that I got saddled with a weapon witha grenade launcher attachment. It made my M16 about 3 or 4 lbs heavier causing my unsupported positons to be a bit more unstable...but, I shan't blame the weapon. I will simply do better next time!
After my ever so exciting weekend of shooting and running around with eye-pro and kevlars I got to jump in the car again and drive back to my new home and return to "real life." I packed up the last of my things (including my insturments...I was going crazy without them) and I headed down the road. I drove 300 miles before I stopped for gas...300 miles in the car without stopping is kind of a lot, in case you were wondering.

I also got quite lucky. I got to drive through the Virgin River Gorge (you know the part of I-15 that runs through Arizona?) in a lightening storm complete with sheets of rain and crazy semi-truck drivers...I also got to experience high winds through the Moapa valley nearly blowing me off the road. It was just great.....
Okay maybe not, but I made it safe and sound, and that is all that really matter. We'll just chalk it up to better luck.

Of course, this morning, after that exhausting drive...I woke up at 6:26 and I'm all like...uuuuggghhh... and this became my reality.

someecards.com - Today's hairstyle is called

Yep. That sums up my morning. Jogged to my car in the parking lot drove like a bat out of hell, and of course, I still make it to work with time to spare like always...but oh man..You should see my hiar.
No. I'm not going to show it to you. It's too awful.

But, the important thing is, I made it to work.

Now, I'm back to reality. Working hard, thinking about finding myself a new job..Now that I have my mandolin and guitar back with me, maybe I'll just start playing on the street until people give me enough money to afford my college education. That would be pretty nice...
Well, I suppose that's all I've got for you today. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone :)



I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You might have been joking but the few MREs I've eaten were surprisingly tasty. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Ashley said...

You might have been joking but the few MREs I've eaten were surprisingly tasty. I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Wow! You are extremely impressive. I have only shot a rifle once and I completely missed the entire barrel I was aiming for. I'm not even very good at paintball...And here you are kicking butt! Congrats on qualifying.

Jen said...

You go girl! :) Oh and I love MRE's haha.

 
Pin It button on image hover