Single's Ward?

 Although I'm not a particularly perfect member of the LDS church, I do have quite and interest in it. Honestly, I always have.

There is something that you have to understand about where I grew up everyone is Mormon. I have probably...5 friends that are not LDS that I grew up with. Granted, a lot of them were raised in the church and are no longer active or their whole family is no longer active in the church...there is a large variety of "types" of Mormons.

Well, one of the main things in our church is the strength in families. They have these things called "Young Single Adult" wards. Basically, everyone who attends your service is young and unmarried. The purpose is to help you find your eternal companion.

They show you pictures like this and they tell you that you are in the "magic age" when you turn 18, because you are now, a young single adult.

Mormon Dating
Sounds nice doesn't it?

Well, I'm about to find out, because I'm going to go to one!

Right? I can see the look of shock on all of your faces. Why would this girl want to go to a single's ward?

I don't really know if it will be the right fit for me. Maybe there will be too much marraige talk, maybe it will make me feel guilty. Maybe I will absolutely hate it.

But on the other hand, I could make some good friends, maybe do some fun activities, I might even learn something along the way. So, I've decided to go for it. Who cares about all the what ifs? I'm going to
just...do me :)

~~~~~~~

This weekend I am going to be tres busy playing Warrior. I will return on Monday with plenty of photos of my exciting weekend in the field shooting M16s and pretneding that I'm an 11BangBang.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
                                                             

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

____j said...

I think it's awesome that you're doing that. One of my friends from high school started going to one her second year of college, started dating a guy from there within 6 months, and in less than a year they got hitched. 3 years later they are still happy as can be! Good luck to you!

 
Pin It button on image hover