Getting Squared Away

Today at work, I decided to start a list. Due to the fact that I'm not going to school or really working towards anything, I'm kind of going stir-crazy, so I tend to create little worksheets for myself. Completely weird, but it helps pass the time.  My list of of groceries, household items, personal items, and other expenses you might have in your daily life.
My Fiance and I are constantly talking about what we're going to do to avoid being that typical struggling couple when it comes to money. Neither of us have grown up with a very strong example on how to handle our money, and being just barely out of the starting gates of our lives, we've never really had to handle our money at all. So I decided that if I'm going to be sitting around at work just trying to pass the time and make another dollar, I might as well be doing something useful.
On my list, I wrote little lines next to each item. Those lines were for the average prices of whatever item it was.
It looks like this:
Milk:$_____
Bread:$_____
Eggs$_____
And I think you get the idea.  When I got home, I compiled the adds that I had laying around my house and filled in the lines with the prices I might pay. Along with this, I've decided that tomorrow at work, I'm going to look up manufacturer coupons for all this stuff and teach myself a little something about couponing...

Yes. Couponing. (By the way, I happen to love nouns that have been turned into verbs i.e. Facebooking, or Googling)
Never fear, my blog is not about to turn into a place that only has ads and free advice on how to run your household. You can read that stuff somewhere else...But I think that it's going to be fun.
I've already been all over the web looking for tips on how to coupon REALISTICALLY and not be like those women with the gigantic binders of coupons in the Winco...hopefully...
best tools so far?:
http://www.couponing101.com/
http://www.redplum.com/
http://www.coupons.com/?pid=15744&nid=10&zid=uo74&bid=alk0325220313b2c1456832511
and
http://smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=MKRU3JAAR6CCY
Wish me luck on my quest to learn something epic.

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

Blackfriday said...

Very Nice and thorough article thanks for sharing please write more post like this Bass Pro Shops Black Friday Deals

 
Pin It button on image hover