Changes...

Well, after a lot anticipation, I discovered that I got the mentor assistant position that I interviewed for. I am definitely happy about that, but after I read the e-mail congratulating me, I only wanted to tell one person...It was hard but I didn't say anything to him...I'm still having a hard time even grasping the reality of all of this. But I'm trying hard...Really hard.

I'm not sure if I've lost weight, but I definitely haven't been eating...I ate some chinese food last night (for some reason, Chinese food is like a magical cure...believe it. It's true.) but really, that's all that I have eaten. I haven't had an appetite. I have been drinking a lot of water in an attempt to fill the gaps... Hopefully I can eat soon.

I have been throwing away all of the clothes that he liked and pretty much anything that is tied to him that isn't important enough to me to save...I have decided to keep all of the other memorbilia that are paper or pictures or whatever. I don't want every trace of him out of my life forever, just the every-day reminders that I can't help but be sad when I see them...

Hopefully by next week, I'll be able to post pictures of my room.  I started painting it last Saturday. When I was in high school, I decided that I wanted my room to be green and orange. So my mom and I got to work. We painted quickly and really didn't pay much attention to detail. I just wanted to get it done. I got a new bed, a new computer moniter and a TV. It was awesome and I felt like the coolest kid ever with the best mom ever.

Now, I just need change. I've needed it for a while, but now I really need it. I painted all of my walls a blueish-green color. All the trim (base-boards and door frames) are in the process of being painted white. It's hard though...white isn't covering the orange and green very well, so It will definitely need more than one coat. And I sould have painted all the trim before I did the walls, but...Oh well, I've already got the wlals painted.  Before and after pictures will be coming soon Hopefully.

Well, until next time, blog world...

P.S. When was driving home from the gym yesterday, I heard this new T-Swizle song on the Radio.  What do you think? Is it a sign? All the songs I've been hearing are either break up songs or get-back-together songs... Or I'm over you songs...It's confusing my heart and my brain :(

I'm Katie. I'm a 20-something Soldier & student taking each day one step at a time. Living through all the growing pains that come with becoming that person that I always wanted to be & finding that bright side in all of this Camo-Colored Chaos. You can get to know more about me here.

Follow me on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1 comment:

Janna Renee said...

Girl, you have SO much ahead of you. I thought I was going to marry the guy before Will, and thank goodness I didn't because now I am happier than I ever dreamed possible. If y'all didn't work out, it just means that you weren't for each other. You have the world at your fingertips, so just go and enjoy. The rest will fall in to place!

 
Pin It button on image hover